A true breakthrough technology, our “Augmented McLyzer” electrolyzers combine the reliability and the maturity of alkaline technology with great flexibility. They are integrated into our large-scale (multi-MW) electrolysis platforms, specifically designed for use in the industry and heavy-duty transport sectors.
Augmented McLyzer: 20, 100 MW and more (GW) architectures
New generation alkaline electrolysis
Based on a 4 MW module design (McLyzer 800-30), used as a “building block”, our systems produce zero-carbon hydrogen directly at 30 bar, and are designed to scale up with your operating rhythm.
The Augmented McLyzer units use new generation electrodes with high current density (doubled compared to standard electrodes) that significantly increase the performance of our equipment, all within a compact design.
|Pressure (barg)||Nominal hydrogen flow rate (Nm3/h)||Nominal power (MW)||DC Energy Consumption @ nominal flow rate (kWh/Nm3)|
|McLyzer 800-30||30||800||ca. 4 MW||4.5|
Focus on the technology
Augmented McLyzer, a breakthrough pressurized alkaline electrolysis technology
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY
A real technological breakthrough, thanks to a unique combination between our high-pressure alkaline electrolysis technology (30 bar, directly at process pressure) and the advanced high current density electrodes co-developed with De Nora, which makes possible to:
Double the quantity of hydrogen produced
With the same fuel cell stack size (reduced footprint)
And the same specific energy consumption
High energy efficiency
Very rapid dynamic response time, offering the required flexibility for the power-market led operation, suitable with primary leveling market requirements, pointing towards a totally optimized investment
- ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS
Best TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) in its category, with a delivery pressure (30 bar) that significantly decreases the energy demand for further compression
“Bigger scale, lower costs”: the extensive roll-out of hydrogen applications will result in mass marketing of the electrolysis technology and a drastic reduction in costs
A modularized and scalable architecture based on a 4 MW core module
Industrial size: 20 MW (and more: 100 MW up to GW) units already on the market
Associated with a manufacturing plan of “scaling up” (100 MW +) to meet the huge needs of the Industry sector in the medium and long term
An angle stone for industrial players
Consistent model simulations to bring the quality and safety of our equipment to a level never achieved
- Easy to install: stacks and BOP are manufactured by McPhy, on-site assembly is limited to interconnections
Our 100 MW platform:
- 25 modules of 4 MW
- Based on the same architecture as the 20 MW clusters
- A total footprint below 4,500 m2
- 20,000 Nm3/h of hydrogen, more than 42 tons per day
- 30 bar: high pressure production
- Fast dynamic response time
- High energy efficiency
- 10,000 Nm3/h of by-product O2, 342 tons per day
This multi-MW range is specifically designed to address the large-scale needs in the industry and mobility sectors:
- Petrol and gas refineries: fuel desulfurization, e-fuels, etc.
- Chemical processing: methanol, synthesis of ammonia for fertilizers, etc.
- And also: steel mills, coal-fired plants, thermal power stations (cooling system for alternators), metallurgy, glass production, electronic components, etc.
- Large-capacity hydrogen stations: not only for large captive fleets (utility vehicles or public stations for passenger cars), but also to refill heavy-duty transport modes (such as buses, trucks, trains, boats, etc.).
Did you know?
Thanks to “Carbon-Capture Utilization”, even industrial pollutant emissions can be valorized. Captured before being ejected into the atmosphere, then added to hydrogen, the CO2 emissions help to create synthetic molecules that can be applied to new uses: methanol, biodiesel, e-fuel, and more!