• The first Power-to-Gas demonstrator in France
• 11 leading partners in zero-carbon energy
• 5 years of study, authorization and demonstration
• 100 homes and the health center boiler supplied by a new gas made up of hydrogen and natural gas
• McPhy provided a McStore solid storage solution to the GRHYD project
The objective of the project is to evaluate and validate the technical and economic relevance of home energy solutions using a natural gas and hydrogen component.
Launched in 2014, GRHYD is a project to inject hydrogen into the territory’s natural gas distribution network in order to meet the needs of the residents of the new neighborhood of Cappelle-la-Grand in terms of heating, hot water and cooking. Approximately 100 homes are supplied with a mixture of hydrogen and natural gas, in variable proportions of hydrogen and less than 20% by volume. The objective of the project is to evaluate and validate the technical and economic relevance of home energy solutions using a natural gas and hydrogen component.
GRHYD is coordinated by ENGIE in association with 10 other partners, it’s supported by the government as part of the Future Investment Program operated by ADEME and labeled by the Tenerrdis competitiveness cluster.
As the first Power to Gas demonstrator in France, GRHYD represents a large-scale demonstration stage, which is the necessary transition between the previous experiments and the ambition of future industrialization of this process.
Inaugurated in 2018, the experimentation ended in 2020.
- Power to Gas
- Hydrogen for local communities
- Energy storage
- Research and innovation
Learn more about the H2 applications in the section: “Markets”.
| Equipment & Services
- McStore (McPhy stopped the commercialization of its solid storage solution in December 2018)
Learn more about the solutions in the section: “Equipment & Services”.
- Location: Cappelle-la-Grande, France
- Launch date: 2014, inauguration in 2018, end of experimentation in 2020
Read the press release