• Supplies the headquarters of the Group and a commercial area with electricity and heating
• Producing over 300 tons of zero-carbon hydrogen from renewable energy per year
• Rostock-Laage, Germany | Commissioning: 2020
McPhy equips the zero-carbon hydrogen production plant of the German engineering and cleantech company Apex Energy.
More than 300 tons of zero-carbon hydrogen per year are produced from renewable energy sources.
McPhy has installed a 2 MW high power electrolysis platform (McLyzer 400-30), producing more than 300 tons of zero-carbon hydrogen per year from renewable energy.
Based in Rostock-Laage, this zero-carbon hydrogen production platform is dedicated to supplying electricity and heating to the head office and a commercial area using a fuel cell.
Apex Energy’s plant represents an important milestone in the industrialization of the hydrogen sector and demonstrates the growing interest of manufacturers who are making a strategic shift towards low-carbon energy.
- Industrial Hydrogen
- Hydrogen for local communities
Learn more about the H2 applications in the section: “Markets”.
| Equipment & Services
- McLyzer 400-30
Learn more about the solutions in the section: “Equipment & Services”.
- Apex Energy
- Location: Rostock-Laage, Germany
- Commissioning: 2020
Read the press release