• GRTGaz has selected McPhy to equip the Jupiter 1000 project, which is preparing for the deployment of the Power to Gas network in France, with a 1 MW hydrogen production platform
• Testing the performance of two electrolysis technologies (alkaline & PEM) under real conditions and on a real scale
• Fos sur Mer, France | Commissioning: 2019
McPhy supplies a 1 MW hydrogen platform equipment made of a 0.5 MW alkaline electrolyzer and a 0.5 MW PEM electrolyzer, Jupiter 1000 is the only project that will make it possible, in the medium term, to test the performance of those 2 electrolysis technologies under real conditions and on a real scale.
Jupiter 1000 is the first Power to Gas project in France, aiming to store and valorize renewable electricity by injecting hydrogen and synthetic methane into the gas transmission network.
- Power to Gas
Learn more about the H2 applications in the section: “Markets”.
| Equipment & Services
- Electrolyzers in 1 MW configuration (1 alkaline electrolyzer 0.5 MW & 1 PEM electrolyzer 0.5 MW)
Learn more about the solutions in the section: “Equipment & Services”.
- Location: Fos sur Mer (France)
- Commissioning : 2018